Michael James Mette
The lights dim as a foreboding synth swells in the background. An unassuming man walks to the microphone and whispers the first lyrics. Moments later, the song explodes and the screen flashes videos depicting life and love. For the next 90 minutes, Michael James Mette guides his audience through a concert with moments that are intimate and others that are awe-inspiring. The music is passionate like a Friday night and reverent like a Sunday morning. Through his testimony, faith stories, video, lights, and music he provides an environment suitable for an encounter with the divine.
Since May 2013, when he began traveling full-time, Michael has played over 250 dates in 44 states. Balancing his occupation and vocation, his wife and 6 children join him on the road throughout these adventures.
Providing a bridge between the sacred and the secular, Michael’s latest album, Arts + Humanity (2015) is planted firmly at the intersection of the church and culture. Bring Forth the Light (2012) explores the themes of eternal life, human love, and redemptive suffering. Always What I Need (2010) invites listeners to trust in God’s providence.
Although music is his passion, Michael’s heart is always focused toward ministry. As a cradle Catholic, Michael has spent most of his life sharing his creative gifts with the broader church. In his spare time, Michael enjoys playing board games with his kids, following Cardinal’s baseball, cooking new recipes, and running.
- November 12, 2017 – Thirty-second Sunday in ordinary time
- September 25, 2016 – Twenty-sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time
- March 13, 2006 – Fifth Sunday of Lent
- September 20, 2015 – Twenty-fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time
- March 15, 2015, Fourth Sunday of Lent
- October 26, 2014 – Thirtieth Sunday in Ordinary Time
- May 18 – Fifth Sunday of Easter
- September 1, 2013 – Twenty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time